Project Manager – Industrial Construction
Catamount Constructors, an industry-leading national general contractor, has an immediate opening for a Project Manager for industrial projects in Atlanta. The successful candidate will have 7-10 years’ experience with projects in the range of $1-10MM that include refrigeration systems, along with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Prior experience in Procore, Viewpoint, and Textura is preferred.
We offer a progressive environment where your prior skills and experience will be valued and developed further. Our compensation and benefits package is competitive, offering generous Paid Time Off and a full complement of insurance programs. And because our work spans across a multitude of market sectors, our team has an opportunity to shift between project types. Our culture has been described as a family environment that promotes work-life balance. We hope you’ll take a closer look at Catamount!
Summary: The Project Manager is responsible for the day to day execution and management of a particular project or projects.
Essential Duties and Overall Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following, as other duties may be assigned:
- Project Buyout – Makes solid decisions for the company and project during the buyout process; addresses the schedule in buyout and in subcontractor scope, completing the buyout within the designated time frame; establishes appropriate purchasing plan and identifies all risk items; practices strong negotiating skills
- Documentation – Maintains and submits a weekly project update accurately and on time; maintains and updates purchasing schedule, submittal log, subcontractor change order log, owner change order log, lost day log and RFI log; generates subcontractor agendas and minutes; and maintains accurate and timely documentation of project issues.
- Subcontractor Management – Maintains open communications; notifies underperforming subcontractors timely with project notifications; reviews/approves subcontractor draw/invoice requests; processes subcontractor change orders; reviews change order proposals for accuracy of quantities, conformance with contract documents and subcontractor scope of work.
- Job Cost Accuracy – Adheres to cost projections; submits monthly project reports on time; strives to show upward trend throughout duration of project.
- Other Relationships – Maintains contact with the owner and communicates all project updates in a timely manner; thinks proactively on owner’s behalf; handles clients’ needs with a sense of urgency; adapts to different clients’ individual requirements; holds bi-weekly Owner, Architect, and Contractor meetings and generates agenda and minutes; submits owner pay applications correctly and on time; submits owner change orders within allotted time; and understands and exceeds clients’ expectations.
- Project Safety – Completes on-site job checklist during site visits; actively assists project Superintendent with enforcement of site safety.
- Project Schedule – Updates and posts overall project schedule monthly; completes project within contract duration; takes actions to maintain or improve project schedule; reviews the three-week schedule with Superintendents on a weekly basis.
- Teamwork – Shows respect for duties of other team members; supports and interacts with the PC; assumes role as the project team leader; support and interacts with field supervision; and ensures Deficiency Log is updated and issued on a weekly basis.
- Project Close-out – Leads close-out process; performs pre-punch list walkthrough; enforces contract close-out timeline and notifies subcontractors.
- Project Management – Maintains solid understanding of the contract; reviews and researches changes prior to submitting to the client; addresses challenging issues head-on; uses Viewpoint software to its full capacity.
- Travel – Travels to and between project sites as necessary. Performs other duties as required.
Education/Experience Requirements: Ground up experience in industrial construction for projects between $1-10MM. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required, and 7-10 years of successful project team management is preferred.
Qualifications/Computer Skills: Previous experience with Viewpoint and Procore software is preferred. Computer literacy is required. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, delivery software, and basic Excel spreadsheet software.
If you are interested in joining an outstanding team, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catamount is an Equal Opportunity Employer.