Project Engineer in Construction – Atlanta Office
Catamount Constructors, an industry-leading national General Contractor, is seeking talent to grow our construction management team. We currently have an opening for a Project Engineer in our Atlanta office.
We invite you to learn more about our company at www.catamountinc.com. We offer a progressive environment where your prior skills and experience will be valued and developed further. Our compensation and benefits package is competitive, offering a 401(k) match, generous Paid Time Off, and a full complement of insurance programs. And because our work spans across a multitude of market sectors, our team has an opportunity to shift between project types. Our culture has been described as a family environment that promotes work-life balance. We hope you’ll take a closer look at Catamount!
The specific job description for the Project Engineer Role is as follows:
- Works with Project Manager to ensure good decisions for the company and project during the buyout process
- Addresses schedule in Subcontractor Scope
- Assists PM in completing project buyout within the designated time frame
- Assists in preparation of complete subcontract Scope of Work
- Practices good negotiating skills
- Fully reviews drawings & specifications in preparation of subcontractor scope
- Understands contract documents and identifies gaps in the documents
- Maintains & assists PM with preparation of Weekly Project Update accurately and on time
- Maintains and updates Purchasing Schedule
- Maintains and updates a complete Submittal Log
- Reviews submittals for conformance to contract documents
- Tracks submittal process timely
- Identifies lead times for materials purchases and tracks fabrication/ ROJ dates
- Maintains and updates Subcontractor Change Order Log
- Maintains and updates Lost Day Log
- Maintains and updates RFI Log
- Generates subcontractor meeting agendas and minutes
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of project issues
- Uses Viewpoint to the fullest extent for every project
- Maintains project document list
- Reviews project documents & creates RFIs in a timely manner
Field Support & Coordination
- Maintains open communication with subcontractors
- Distributes Deficiency Log on a weekly basis.
- Ensures field staff has all updated documents, approved submittals and RFIs
- Distributes all RFIs and submittals to appropriate subcontractors
- Sets up, updates, and maintains Field iPad systems (Bluebeam)
- Hyperlinks RFIs and approved submittals
- Works with PMs and Superintendents to recognize underperforming subcontractors timely with project notifications.
- Reviews subcontractor change order proposals for accuracy of quantities, conformance with contract documents and subcontractor scope of work
- Handles clients’ needs with a sense of Urgency
- Adapts to different clients individual personalities, needs and wants
- Handles misc. owner requests without objection.
- Participates in Owner, Architect, Contractor meetings
- Understands and exceeds client expectations
- Actively assists project superintendent with enforcement of site safety
- Distributes overall project schedule monthly (min.)
- Will take necessary actions to maintain or improve project schedule
- Keeps current on weekly job site work activities
- Shows respect for duties of other team members
- Supports and interacts with project PC to perform as a cohesive team
- Supports and interacts with Field Supervision to perform as a cohesive team
- Participates in weekly subcontractor meetings
- Reviews project bulletins and identifies scope of work changes
- Coordinates local city permit and utilities company requirements with CCI, related subcontractors and owner requirements
- Can identify quality issues in the field and communicate them accordingly
- Performs pre-punch list walk thru with PM and Superintendent
- Makes closing out the project a priority
- Enforces contract close-out timeline and notifies subcontractors
- Works with project team in collecting all close out documents
Education and/or Experience:
Four (4) year degree from an accredited university or college in related field of construction.
If you are interested in joining an outstanding team, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catamount Constructors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.