Looking for a place to build your career?
Catamount is on a mission to be the construction partner of choice. Every day, we build the infrastructure that matters; the distribution center that ships the gift you need tomorrow, the restaurants where you celebrate life, the assisted living community where loved ones are cared for, your first apartment, the facility you seek out when you need the best medical care, and the fire stations that hold our heroes – Catamount builds communities. We are passionate employee owners and we are looking for team members who want to build their future with us.
The Accounting Manager directs the day-to-day operations of the Accounting staff, assuring that a high productive and well-trained staff is always ready for the next challenge. They ensure the accuracy, consistency, and timeliness of financial reporting and accounting functions while providing information and assistance to Management. The position is based in our Lakewood, CO. corporate office and reports directly to the CFO.
At Catamount, we enable opportunity and growth. We invest in training and continuing education while maintaining an open door philosophy, which fosters collaboration and teamwork. We work hard, but we also know when it is time to build in balance. We support each other so that when you work here, you feel the Catamount difference.
What a day is like:
The Accounting Manager’s responsibilities and priorities ebbs and flows based on the calendar, and is heavily influenced by corporate initiatives. Their many business tasks include being responsible for monthly financial close, preparing account reconciliations, work in progress (WIP), and financial statements. They prepare and record journal entries, including allocation entries, accruals, prepaid amortizations, and job cost reallocations. They prepare recurring and ad-hoc reporting and analytics as needed. They manage daily cash, including weekly disbursement of subcontract draws, and support working capital management. They also prepare schedules for year-end audit and tax returns, and respond to audit related inquiries. On the compliance side, they ensure accounting transactions are compatible with US GAAP and are able to research issues and changes as needed.
Interaction with other employee owners is also crucial to the success of this role. They work cross-functionally with other departments to increase financial reporting accuracy. They make themselves available to review and assist with any questions on multiple sales and use tax filings, as well as assist in answering questions from Operations. On their own team, they lead, train, develop, and motivate their staff to ultimately sustain their work and perform independently to achieve their personal and departmental goals.
Finally, the Accounting Manager also plays a role in one of our key corporate values – GO FORWARD. They work to automate and improve existing reporting by using various software tools, and help develop new management reports to support the business needs. They also assist with special projects and initiatives of both the company and the department.
What kind of person are we looking for? Someone with:
- Strong attention to details and a solid analytical skill base
- Ability to proactively manage priorities and goals for themselves and others in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels, from routine interaction with C-suite Executives, to developing and providing group training in their areas of expertise
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in public/private accounting, preferably within the Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC) Industry
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting or Finance, Master’s degree preferred as is Active Certified Public Accountant CPS preferred (but not required)
- Advanced proficiency with Excel with the ability to construct financial models and reports, to include macros.
- Experience working with Viewpoint, Textura and Procore preferred
Why you might love working here:
You will have the opportunity to support a growing team and company in a true learning and mentoring environment. In this role specifically you will have direct exposure and access to Executives, Division Presidents, and the CFO. Our Divisions have the “feel” of a small business while offering the resources of a large company.
- Our work spans across a multitude of market sectors, providing opportunities to shift between project types
- We’re 100% employee owned. It’s not just a unique wealth building and retirement benefit, it helps align our people and goals as we share our successes
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental and pet insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401(K)
- Our culture has been described as a family environment, promoting work-life balance, as well as community involvement.
In addition to offering a competitive base salary of $85,000/yr – $95,000/yr, Catamount employees are eligible for additional incentives for merit/performance, project incentives*, new hire referrals, and business development commissions. *Project incentives are limited to certain roles in Operations.
EOE – Including Disability/Vets