BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Catamount Constructors, an industry-leading national General Contractor, is seeking talent to grow our construction management team. We currently have an opening for a Business Development Sales Representative reporting to our San Antonio office. The ideal candidate possesses between 2 and 4 years’ prior sales experience for a General Contractor.
We are 100% employee owned and offer a progressive environment where your prior skills and experience will be valued and developed further. Our compensation and benefits package is competitive, offering the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, a 401(k), generous Paid Time Off, and a full complement of insurance programs. And because our work spans across a multitude of market sectors, our team has an opportunity to shift between project types. Our culture has been described as a family environment that promotes work-life balance. We hope you’ll take a closer look at Catamount!
Summary: The Business Development Sales Representative (BDSR) sells a sub-set of the firm’s product and services offering to defined ideal targets/sectors. The BDSR may have a secondary focus on penetrating certain assigned customers with significant growth opportunity, as assigned by management. Reporting to the Manager of Business Development, the BDSR closes and implements growth opportunities of moderate complexity within an assigned territory/sector. The BDSR’s most important means of interacting with customers and prospects is through face-to-face meetings. The BDSR is responsible for achieving an assigned sales and profit goal.
Essential Duties and Overall Responsibilities:
- Acquires new customers from an assigned geography, new client meetings and/or a set of named prospects.
- Assists in all aspects of the sales process, while calling upon other company sales resources to assist in solution development, proposal delivery, and implementation, as needed or as directed by management.
- Sells a subset of company products and services to assigned opportunities.
- Refers opportunities for growth in products and services to other company leaders as appropriate (market analysis).
- Manages new/existing customers’ implementation by directing company implementation resources and by managing customers’ through CRM (Cosential).
- Ensures a seamless transition of customer responsibility to the appropriate Management Team/Department.
- Assist other sales and service resources when called upon by the Manager of Business Development.
- Prepares data for weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings with management.
- Assists in setting up and monitoring trade association events within the market for various sponsorships.
- Participates in trade associations and related events as determined by Manager of Business Development.
- With the Manager of Business Development, organize and participate in client and subcontractor outreach events.
- Develop and deliver client and prospective client communications and events as scheduled with assistance from marketing.
- Prepares simple responses for clients and potential clients.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Achieves assigned sales quota for assigned geography and/or accounts on quarterly basis.
- Meets assigned expectations for growth/profitability.
- Achieves new target accounts and clients within assigned timeframe (e.g. monthly, quarterly).
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Reports to Manager of Business Development
- Enlists the support of Manager of Business Development, Marketing, Estimating and Operations.
- Works with management to make sure all client surveys are completed on time and reported properly.
- This position has no direct reports.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of 2 years’ outside sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Prior track record of achievement in positions with significant accountability.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Proficient in use of technology, including Microsoft Office, Cosential, and other related programs.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Able to work in moderate noise environment.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit bend; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- All prospective employees must pass a drug screen and background check.
- May require travel to support in various association events.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of some of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Catamount Constructors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other status protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.