Cost Engineer/Junior Estimator
Catamount Constructors, an industry-leading national general contractor, is seeking a talented Cost Engineer/Junior Estimator to join our San Antonio team! The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree along with 2-3 years experience with a general contractor.
We are 100% employee owned and offer a progressive environment where your prior skills and experience will be valued and developed further. Our compensation and benefits package is competitive, offering the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, a 401(k), WorkFlex and VacationFlex, and a full complement of insurance programs. And because our work spans across a multitude of market sectors, our team has an opportunity to shift between project types. Our culture has been described as a family environment that promotes work-life balance. We hope you’ll take a closer look at Catamount!
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Communication and Presentation
- Participates in Hands off meetings to the Project Management team in a clear, precise and organized manner.
- Preparation of the estimate book is well-organized and thorough.
- Communicates and presents well to the team.
- Bid clarifications are clear and concise.
- Specifically follows and adheres to estimating process
- Reviews subcontractor proposal for accuracy before submitting – reviews scope in detail, read all subcontractor exclusions and has confirmed that the excluded items are not needed or are covered elsewhere
- Well-prepared for scope meetings – scope sheets completed, take offs completed, list of confirmed bidding subs, prepared to coordinate trades with other team members.
- Provides accurate quantity surveys
- Efficiently uses take-off software
- On bid date, scope sheets are correctly filled out with an “apples to apples” total for each sub at the bottom of the sheet, and are clear, concise, and accurate
- Thoroughly reviews project specifications during bid period
- Works with estimating staff to solicit the right subcontractors for the project.
- Solicits appropriate quantity of subcontractors in a timely manner and confirms their intent to bid.
- Follows up by phone with all bidding subcontractors prior to bid day
- Contacts suppliers and other third parties to find qualified subcontractors for specific projects
- Completes appropriate reference checks on new subcontractors
- Efficiently uses Catamount’s bid systems.
Distributes Addendums timely and to all responsible parties
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, & Outlook, office equipment such as fax machines, and copiers, and Internet Explorer or other similar Internet tools and experience.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required; 2-3 estimating experience with a general contractor, including estimating for industrial/retail/commercial construction, is required..
Catamount is an Equal Opportunity Employer