Catamount Constructors, an industry-leading national general contractor, is seeking a talented Cost Engineer/Junior Estimator to join our San Antonio team! The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree along with 2-3 years experience with a general contractor.
We invite you to learn more about our company at www.catamountinc.com. We offer a progressive environment where your prior skills and experience will be valued and developed further. Our compensation and benefits package is competitive and we offer generous Paid Time Off and a full complement of insurance programs. And because our work spans across a multitude of market sectors, our team has an opportunity to shift between project types. Our culture has been described as a family environment that promotes work-life balance. We hope you’ll take a closer look at Catamount!
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Communication and Presentation
- Participates in Hands off meetings to the Project Management team in a clear, precise and organized manner.
- Preparation of the estimate book is well-organized and thorough.
- Communicates and presents well to the team.
- Bid clarifications are clear and concise.
- Specifically follows and adheres to estimating process
- Reviews subcontractor proposal for accuracy before submitting – reviews scope in detail, read all subcontractor exclusions and has confirmed that the excluded items are not needed or are covered elsewhere
- Well-prepared for scope meetings – scope sheets completed, take offs completed, list of confirmed bidding subs, prepared to coordinate trades with other team members.
- Provides accurate quantity surveys
- Efficiently uses take-off software
- On bid date, scope sheets are correctly filled out with an “apples to apples” total for each sub at the bottom of the sheet, and are clear, concise, and accurate
- Thoroughly reviews project specifications during bid period
- Works with estimating staff to solicit the right subcontractors for the project.
- Solicits appropriate quantity of subcontractors in a timely manner and confirms their intent to bid.
- Follows up by phone with all bidding subcontractors prior to bid day
- Contacts suppliers and other third parties to find qualified subcontractors for specific projects
- Completes appropriate reference checks on new subcontractors
- Efficiently uses Catamount’s bid systems.
- Distributes Addendums timely and to all responsible parties
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, & Outlook, office equipment such as fax machines, and copiers, and Internet Explorer or other similar Internet tools and experience.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required; 2-3 estimating experience with a general contractor, including estimating for industrial/retail/commercial construction, is required.
EOE – Including Disability/Vets