Looking for a place to build your career?
Catamount is on a mission to be the construction partner of choice. Every day, we build the infrastructure that matters. From the distribution center that ships the gift you need tomorrow and the restaurants where you celebrate life, to the assisted living community where loved ones are cared for, your first apartment, the facility you seek out when you need the best medical care, and the fire stations that hold our heroes, Catamount builds communities. We are passionate employee owners and we are looking for team members who want to build their future with us.
The Senior Estimator’s role is crucial in securing work and building our business. The estimator’s understanding of rapidly changing conditions and relationships with area subcontractors ensures delivery of clear, concise bids tailored to the project and needs of our client. They set the operations team up for success and play a continuing role through construction.
At Catamount, we enable opportunity and growth. We invest in training and continuing education while maintaining an open door philosophy which fosters collaboration and teamwork. We work hard, but we also know when it is time to build in balance. We support each other so that when you work here, you feel the Catamount difference.
What a day is like:
This role manages the collection and analysis of data needed to estimate the time, materials, labor and cost required to construct a project. They combine historical data and current trends to create and present accurate estimates. They solicit the appropriate quantity of subcontractors in a timely manner, and know from experience how to choose the right subcontractors for the project (reference checking and networking). They review bid scope sheets, review subcontractor proposals for accuracy, and provide accurate quantity surveys. They use Catamount’s “bid system” efficiently and correctly, and distribute addendums timely when necessary. They hand off estimating projects to the Project Manager in a clear, precise, and timely manner.
What kind of person are we looking for? Someone with:
- Hard Bid Estimating
- Attention to detail. Everything from the estimates, units costs, bid scope sheets and proposals must be accurate
- Refined organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks for self, team, and projects
- Outstanding communication skills (listening, presenting, interpersonal and written)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 3-5 years related experience and/or training with a General Contractor
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, experience with (or ability to learn) Planswift Take-off software, and Building Connected
Why you might love working here:
You will have the opportunity to support a growing Estimating Team and company in a true learning and mentoring environment. Our Division has the “feel” of a small business while offering the resources of a large company.
- Our work spans across a multitude of market sectors, providing opportunities to shift between project types
- We’re 100% employee owned. It’s not just a unique wealth building and retirement benefit, it helps align our goals as we share our successes
- We offer a competitive salary with performance incentives, an excellent benefits package, including health, dental and pet insurance, generous paid time off, car allowance, 401(K) and more
- Our culture has been described as a family environment, promoting work-life balance, as well as community involvement.
Catamount Constructors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other status protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.