Marketing & Proposal Coordinator
Looking for a place to build your career?
Catamount is on a mission to be the construction partner of choice. Every day, we build the infrastructure that matters; the distribution center that ships the gift you need tomorrow, the restaurants where you celebrate life, the assisted living community where loved ones are cared for, your first apartment, the facility you seek out when you need the best medical care, and the fire stations that hold our heroes – Catamount builds communities. We are passionate employee owners and we are looking for team members who want to build their future with us.
At Catamount, we enable opportunity and growth. We invest in training and continuing education while maintaining an open door philosophy which fosters collaboration and teamwork. We work hard, but we also know when it is time to build in balance. We support each other so that when you work here, you feel the Catamount difference.
The Marketing & Proposal Coordinator is part of a dynamic and highly collaborative team focused on pursuits, client and employee-owner communication, and creative engagement with the Catamount brand. You will be responsible for the coordination of the proposal process (RFQ’s, RFP’s, letters) from opportunity through delivery. You’ll work closely with business development and our communications team to promote our services through social media, photography, websites, events, and other outreach opportunities. Your excellent time management skills and strategic research, compelling writing, process ownership, and effective coordination will be the hallmark of your work.
What a day is like:
The primary responsibility for this role is proposal delivery. This includes coordinating proposal responses, reviewing requests (both critically and qualitatively for requirements), developing proposal structure and content to meet requirements, and taking a proactive and strategic role in ensuring that win themes are developed and addressed. Much of this is accomplished by utilizing proposal management tools, including outlines, matrices, and schedules to manage all aspects of proposal development. Using your research skills and experience, you’ll source and integrate technical content provided by various authors into cohesive, compelling and well-written narratives aligned with our win themes. You will partner in the development of interview presentation materials, as well as participate in client debriefs, and track pertinent content in CRM.
Secondarily are the marketing and content management responsibilities. You will maintain accurate and current proposal, project, and employee information and statistics to aid in BD and Marketing efforts. You’ll develop and maintain marketing information systems and records, including staff, resumes, project profiles and photography, project and corporate references, technical data, proposal graphics, conference calendars, and other standard materials. You’ll provide support to the BD team and our doer-sellers through the delivery of printed materials such as brochures, AIAs, and project listings. The coordinator also maintains a library of past performance documents and letters of reference, and prepares compelling project and company content for press releases, social media, brochures, website, and mail – all while ensuring that messages are supportive of and consistent with marketing strategies.
As a critical team member, you’ll develop and maintain relationships with leadership, business development, and technical staff, and communicate and collaborate within the marketing team across the company nationally. You’ll coordinate displays for local and regional industry trade shows for your business unit, as well as specialized consultants (videography, photography, PR, web) as needed. The Coordinator is responsible for daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities. You will conduct research and deliver surveys or client follow-up communications, as well as maintain content in Cosential (CRM). You’ll also realize that within the dynamic marketing environment, sometimes we take an “all hands on deck” approach, and assist or lead short-notice efforts to contribute to the team’s overall success, even if it falls outside your normal job duties.
What kind of person are we looking for? Someone with:
- A positive, enthusiastic “team player” attitude
- Ability to self-start, work independently, and keep to your own internal deadlines
- Ability to excel under pressure, skilled in time management and multi-tasking to produce results in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communication skills (listening, writing, interpersonal) with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders to foster trust and partnership
- 1-3 years’ proposal marketing experience, preferably within the Architecture/Engineering/ Construction (AEC) Industry
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe InDesign, Adobe CS6 (especially Photoshop) as well as experience with a CRM software solution is a plus.
Why you’ll love working here:
You will have the opportunity to support a growing team and company in a true learning and mentoring environment. Our Divisions have the “feel” of a small business while offering the resources of a large company.
- Our work spans across a multitude of market sectors, providing opportunities to shift between project types
- We’re 100% employee owned. It’s not just a unique wealth building and retirement benefit, it helps align our people and goals as we share our successes
- Our culture has been described as a family environment, promoting work-life balance, as well as community involvement
- Benefits: Catamount offers a rich benefits portfolio that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; short and long-term disability; an Employee Assistance Program; a 401(k) Plan; an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); a generous VacationFlex program; paid sick time; and other optional programs such as Pet Insurance, AFLAC Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital Policies.* Additionally, some positions are eligible for a monthly car allowance. *Please refer to the Summary Plan Descriptions for eligibility requirements and additional detail.
$57,500 – $67,500 on an annual basis, DOE. In addition to offering competitive base pay, Catamount employees are eligible for additional incentives for merit/performance, project incentives*, new hire referrals, and business development commissions. *Project incentives are limited to certain roles in Operations.
EOE – Including Disability/Vets