Looking for a place to build your career?
Catamount is on a mission to be the construction partner of choice. Every day, we build the infrastructure that matters; the distribution center that ships the gift you need tomorrow, the restaurants where you celebrate life, the assisted living community where loved ones are cared for, your first apartment, the facility you seek out when you need the best medical care, and the fire stations that hold our heroes – Catamount builds communities. We are passionate employee owners and we are looking for team members who want to build their future with us.
The Marketing Manager is part of a dynamic and highly collaborative team focused on pursuits, client and employee-owner communication, and creative engagement with the Catamount brand. They are responsible for managing, overseeing, and directing the delivery of clear, compelling, and compliant proposals across all Catamount offices. They own the execution of the proposal strategy – ensuring it is aligned with the overall Marketing Plan and reflects the organization’s strategic vision.
At Catamount, we enable opportunity and growth. We invest in training and continuing education while maintaining an open door philosophy which fosters collaboration and teamwork. We work hard, but we also know when it is time to build in balance. We support each other so that when you work here, you feel the Catamount difference.
What a day is like:
A majority of the Marketing Manager’s time is spent overseeing pursuit-related activities across the company, such as qualifications, proposals, and presentations. They maintain or establish processes and procedures in direct support of the proposal process, work with leadership to develop custom proposal sections, including overseeing and embedding the use of templates, managing boilerplate files, creating new pursuit related content, improving the efficiencies through the use of database systems, and processes of data capture. They lead the creation of pursuits, while working in coordination with identified leaders to address differentiators, develop competitive analysis, and create win strategies to better the firm’s chances of project award. Because they thrive in a deadline-driven environment, they ensure timely completion of all pursuit related activities in support of business development.
The Marketing Manager also works in conjunction with department supervisors, and plays a role in establishing processes and procedures to the marketing plan. They are called upon to own and create marketing collateral, lead strategic pursuits, and direct or partner to develop targeted marketing campaigns, and establish marketing programs in support of strategic initiatives and in alignment with modern marketing best practices (i.e. Account-based Marketing and demand generation/qualified lead generation activities).They also manage the input of information into CRM or marketing systems, and “evangelize” the use and utility of the CRM for Catamount.
As a mentor and Manager, they communicate and collaborate with the marketing team across the company, managing the day-to-day activities of any direct reports, while ensuring timely completion of assignments, The Manager performs technical and job related procedural training of staff. They understand and enforce the company brand standards and QC procedures, participate in cross-functional teams and are a champion of corporate strategic initiatives. They provide input or author sections of the annual marketing plan and budget development. They also realize that within the dynamic marketing environment, sometimes we take an “all hands on deck” approach, and assist or lead short-notice efforts to contribute to the team’s overall success, even if it falls outside the normal job duties.
What kind of person are we looking for? Someone with:
- An expertise in pursuit-related activities: qualifications, proposal, presentation
- Finely tuned organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills (listening, writing, interpersonal) with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders to foster trust and partnership
- A minimum 6 years related experience, preferably within the Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC) Industry
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Proficiency with InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite, and the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as experience with a CRM software solution
- Active involvement with professional and community organizations
- Persistence, persistence, and more persistence.
Why you might love working here:
Due to high performance and execution on our initiatives, Catamount is in growth-mode! The Marketing Manager will have the opportunity to lead and support a growing team and company in a true learning and mentoring environment. Our Divisions have the “feel” of a small business while offering the resources of a large company.
- Our work spans across a multitude of market sectors, providing opportunities to shift between project types
- We’re 100% employee owned. It’s not just a unique wealth building and retirement benefit, it helps align our people and goals as we share our successes
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental and pet insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401(K) with company match
- Our culture has been described as a family environment, promoting work-life balance, as well as community involvement.
$82,000 – $100,000 on an annual basis, DOE. In addition to offering competitive base pay, Catamount employees are eligible for additional incentives for merit/performance, project incentives*, new hire referrals, and business development commissions. *Project incentives are limited to certain roles in Operations
EOE Including Disability/Vets