Project Manager – Multifamily
Looking for a place to build your career?
Catamount is on a mission to be the construction partner of choice. Every day, we build the infrastructure that matters; the distribution center that ships the gift you need tomorrow, the restaurants where you celebrate life, the assisted living community where loved ones are cared for, your first apartment, the facility you seek out when you need the best medical care, and the fire stations that hold our heroes – Catamount builds communities. We are passionate employee owners and we are looking for team members who want to build their future with us.
Our Project Managers oversee the financial success of the building process, working in partnership with Architects, Engineers, and Owners to support the development of the plans. They identify and plan all the moving parts, and are responsible for ensuring the project is completed on budget and within scope.
At Catamount, we enable opportunity and growth. We invest in training and continuing education while maintaining an open door philosophy which fosters collaboration and teamwork. We work hard, but we also know when it is time to build in balance. We support each other so that when you work here, you feel the Catamount difference.
What a day is like:
Our Project Managers have a strong understanding of the contract from the project onset. They stay current during the construction process by accurately documenting project updates, as well as maintaining numerous logs and documenting changes as needed. Using strong negotiation skills, the Project Manager establishes the appropriate purchasing plan, and makes solid and timely decisions for the company and the project during the buyout process. They support the Superintendent, who is the primary person responsible for the project schedule, post the monthly schedule, and take appropriate action to maintain or improve schedule whenever possible.
The Project Manager is tasked with creating and maintaining relationships with the project owners. Acting on their behalf, they think proactively, and handle their needs with a sense of urgency and in a timely manner. They facilitate Owner, Architect, and Contractor meetings, generating agenda and minutes. They also submit owner pay applications correctly and timely. Next, they maintain open communication with subcontractors. They review and approve subcontractor invoices and change orders, and process change orders as necessary. They ensure conformity with contract documents and scope of work, as well as address issues of underperformance if it arises. Ultimately, the Project Manager shows respect for the duties of all other team members. By assuming the role of a project team leader, they interact and support everyone involved in the project.
What kind of person are we looking for? Someone with:
- People and Project Management skills and abilities
- Refined organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks for self, team, and projects
- Outstanding communication skills (listening, presenting, interpersonal and written)
- Advanced mathematic and reasoning ability, and strong negotiating skills
- Minimum 5 years related experience with stick frame and/or Multi-family
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably within the Construction Sciences, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, MS Project), and experience with (or ability to learn) Procore, office equipment and Internet Explorer or other similar Internet tools and experience.
Why you might love working here:
You will have the opportunity to support a growing team and company in a true learning and mentoring environment. Our Divisions have the “feel” of a small business while offering the resources of a large company.
- Our work spans across a multitude of market sectors, providing opportunities to shift between project types
- We’re 100% employee owned. It’s not just a unique wealth building and retirement benefit, it helps align our people and goals as we share our successes
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental and pet insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401(K)
- Our culture has been described as a family environment, promoting work-life balance, as well as community involvement.
$105,000 – $130,000 on an annual basis, DOE. In addition to offering a competitive base salary, Catamount employees are eligible for additional incentives for merit/performance, project incentives*, new hire referrals, and business development commissions. *Project incentives are limited to certain roles in Operations.
EOE – Including Disability/Vets