Traveling Superintendent – Light Industrial
Looking for a place to build your career?
Catamount is on a mission to be the construction partner of choice. Every day, we build the infrastructure that matters; the distribution center that ships the gift you need tomorrow, the restaurants where you celebrate life, the assisted living community where loved ones are cared for, your first apartment, the facility you seek out when you need the best medical care, and the fire stations that hold our heroes – Catamount builds communities. We are passionate employee owners and we are looking for team members who want to build their future with us.
Our Superintendents are the “boots on the ground”. They are responsible for ensuring that the project progresses according to plan and Owner specifications, in conjunction with the Project Manager, Architects and Owners. They supervise and coordinate the daily activities of construction workers, contractors, sub-contractors and Assistant Superintendents. They lead every step of the way, and when the project is complete they can truly say, “I built that”.
At Catamount, we enable opportunity and growth. We invest in training and continuing education while maintaining an open door philosophy which fosters collaboration and teamwork. We work hard, but we also know when it is time to build in balance. We support each other so that when you work here, you feel the Catamount difference.
What a day is like:
This role is on site during all work activities, using their experience, research and networking with other Catamount Staff to ensure the job meets or exceeds client expectations. They maintain communication, from holding weekly sub-contractor meetings, to communicating things like change orders, schedule, and back charges with the Project Manager, and addressing problematic subcontractors early to improve the desired outcome. They assist with the creation and adherence to a well-planned 3-week schedule, while also ensuring quality with tasks like maintaining a quality deficiency list. They help the job stay on budget, by effectively managing cost expenditures and maintaining logs. The Superintendent champions job-site safety by leading pre-task safety meetings with subcontractors, posting required notices, preparing reports, maintaining MSDS information, and documenting safety warnings. Documentation is also key in other areas, such as keeping descriptive and accurate daily construction reports, T&M issues, RFI’s, and project photography. Storm Water Prevention plan notification and adherence are the responsibility of the Superintendent, as are Close-out duties (project turnover matrix, maintaining as-built documents, developing and completing punch-lists).
What kind of person are we looking for? Someone with:
- Minimum 7 years related experience with Ground-up tilt wall / tilt-up, structural steel, and light industrial construction and/or training with a General Contractor, or equivalent combination of education and experience, with at least 3 yeas as Lead Superintendent on jobs ranging from $10m-$70m.
- People and Project Management skills and abilities
- A safety champion who leads by example
- Refined organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks for self, team, and projects
- Outstanding communication skills (listening, presenting, interpersonal and written)
- High School Diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.), or preferably a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, MS Project), and experience with (or ability to learn) Procore, office equipment and Internet Explorer or other similar Internet tools and experience.
Why you might love working here:
You will have the opportunity to support a growing team and company in a true learning and mentoring environment. Our Divisions have the “feel” of a small business while offering the resources of a large company.
- Our work spans across a multitude of market sectors, providing opportunities to shift between project types
- We’re 100% employee owned. It’s not just a unique wealth building and retirement benefit, it helps align our people and goals as we share our successes
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental and pet insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401(K)
- Our culture has been described as a family environment, promoting work-life balance, as well as community involvement.
EOE – Including Disability/Vets